Monday, May 20, 2013

May 2013: Mother's Day, Plants, and Birthday Movies

Last weekend Teresa came down to Salt Lake for the Komen Race for the Cure. I went to the Pink Dinner (a dinner with all the ladies involved in their particular area's breast cancer awareness fundraising) with her on Friday night at Squatter's Pub. I know there's a picture of me and Teresa wearing awesome vintage hats floating around on someone's iPhone, but I'm not sure whose... Until then, there is a very blurry pic of me modeling a tiny top hat:


Randy drove down on Saturday morning. While we were waiting for him, I dragged Teresa to the Wasatch Community Gardens' annual plant sale, which I discovered while using my Yelp app to find local plant nurseries. Apparently it's a big deal that everyone knows about, because we got there about an hour after it started and it was crazy busy. They had 30+ varieties of tomatoes and some had already been sold out. I got twice as many tomato plants as I had originally planned, so I guess we'll be having some salsa parties this summer. It was a lot of fun to wander around and see everything, and everyone was super cheerful and good-natured (AKA no shoving people out of the way). I guess people who garden are inherently happy?

That's a lot of plants!
Speaking of plants: Remember my little broccoli plants that had to shelter in the spare bathroom earlier this spring? They are looking great and I have bitty broccoli heads starting on them! The picture on the left was the babies when I first planted them and the picture on the right was from last weekend. They're getting so big!

 

After Randy got there, we had waffles and then took Sophie out for a nice long walk. We went golfing at one of the golf courses near our house (ok, Randy, Teresa, and Dustin golfed, I drove the golf cart like a pro and searched for baby ducks (they were all over the golf course with their mamas). We also introduced Randy and Teresa to fish tacos from Hector's. Yum!




Baby ducks!


I signed up for a sewing class via Living Social and so far I've had two of my four classes and made a pillowcase, which turned out pretty dang awesome. I even used my mom's sewing machine to fix Charles's monkey's firefighter pants. Rad stuff! Next week I am making some pajama pants, so we'll see how those turn out.


This past weekend I drove up to Ashton to take Charles out to a movie for his 10th birthday. We ate at Subway (his choice! What a funny kid making healthy choices!) and watched The Croods (which was actually a pretty good movie). After the movie, Charles played some arcade games and turned his tickets in for prizes. We went back to my parents' house where Charles and Anthony got to open their birthday presents from me. I got Charles some Skylanders action figures and Anthony a stuffed mammoth and sabre-tooth tiger.

At the movie theater







Wait, wait! We need to take photos for your mom!



I'd say that I made a good choice

Checking out what big brother got

This letter is awesome!

They shared a cake today, but next weekend they get their own


Pacing on the phone while talking 'birthday stuff' with Aunt Brit



Today I met up with Shawna for lunch, which is always so much fun. I definitely miss being closer to that girl! After lunch, I stopped by EIRMC and visited with some of my former co-workers. It was weird to be back after such a long time, but familiar all the same.

I'm headed back up to Ashton next Saturday for the boys' official birthday party and then I'll be meeting up with Dustin, Taylor, Athena, Jake and Gudrun in Mackay for some Memorial Day Weekend festivities. Hopefully the weather is compatible with dirt bikes and Razors...

Jade likes to help Dustin play Zelda

No comments:

Post a Comment