Friday, May 10, 2013

April 2013

The rest of April and first week of May have been pretty mellow for us. We've stayed in Salt Lake City, having visitors come to us.

Two weeks ago, my cousin Mishael moved to a different apartment building so my aunt Tawnya, uncle Tracy and cousins Victoria and Teagan came down to help move. We went to the zoo and Ikea, so I was in heaven. The zoo currently has a bunch of Lego sculptures that are really impressive, including a life-size polar bear! I loved the little golden tamarins too, which are just as cute as the real deal.






Dustin gave Sophie a butt-stache trim and made some art in the process.





I've gotten into a bit of trouble with Craigslist and KSL lately, looking at (and buying) furniture. I found a small dresser and matching nightstands (in a hideous color combo), and then a mid-century modern ceramic lamp. I also stopped by the DI on a whim and found two 1950ish end tables for super cheap. Apparently I have a lot of work ahead of me this summer.

 Although I don't love the colors of these babies, I do love the shape, A fresh coat of paint and they'll be perfect.

My mid-century modern end tables. A little sanding and a fresh stain and these babies will be good as new.

 Sophie's always a good project partner.

Jade approves of the tables because the top part is just big enough for his girth. I've sanded the one he's laying on, so you can see how much better it looks than the other one.



Last weekend, Dustin's friend Casey came down and they went snowboarding while I enjoyed some sunshine and sanded my newest furniture acquisition. We went out to La Cai (yummy egg rolls) and just generally hung out.

We've been enjoying the nice weather. Dustin has taken the motorcycle out and I've gotten my hands dirty by planting some flowers for the front of the house. My broccoli, onions, celery and carrots are all doing well, despite the little cold snap we had earlier in the month. I'll have to take a photo in the next few days to show how much bigger they've all gotten. I'm dragging Teresa to the community garden's plant sale tomorrow morning (she and Randy are down for the weekend), so I'll be planting my tomatoes and squash this weekend as well.








No comments:

Post a Comment