Friday night we drove up to Pocatello. Sophie was upset that her grandma and grandpa weren't there (they had their own road trip going), but was contented to snuggle with her Uncle Taylor (sans Reggie). Britni and Jeremy rolled into town super-late and we stayed up for a bit visiting.
 |
| Are we there yet? |
Saturday morning Britni, Kieko and I went for a run before Brit and Jeremy headed up to Blackfoot to meet up with Jeremy's family. I left Dustin in Pocatello to catch a ride to Mackay with Taylor, Athena, and Reggie. I took Sophie and Kieko up to Ashton, where we met up again with Britni and Jeremy, along with the rest of my family for Charles and Anthony's birthday party. It was sunny and warmish, a little windy, but overall pretty nice for an outdoor BBQ. As seems to be the tradition, I forgot to take photos of the party, so here's one of Sophie and Juniper snuggling on the couch together.
 |
| Sophie likes snuggling with her people-cousin Juniper |
Sunday I drove out to Mackay to meet up with Dustin, Taylor, Athena, Gudrun, and Jake at Taylor's parents' house. We camped out in tents in the back yard and had a lot of fun hanging out, grilling over the campfire, and doing a bit of work around the house. Since the guys were putting up some siding on the house, I was in charge of starting the campfire. I have to say that I did a pretty good job and got some really good embers for grilling our steaks.
Monday, Athena and Reggie had to head back to Boise. The rest of us did a little more work and more BBQing. Taylor's mom has a big collection of vintage dishes and Gudrun and I went through them and helped move some around to different areas to help Deb get them ready to open a shop for selling. Let me tell you, I was in heaven going through all the old Pyrex! Deb was super-sweet and let us each pick out a piece to keep. We went on a 1.5mi hike up to a local waterfall and found ourselves a few patches of snow along the way. It was a gorgeous hike and a very nice day.
 |
| Sophie approves of my fire |
 |
| Taylor, Gudrun, Jake and Sophie hiking up to the waterfalls |
 |
| Look how clear that water is! |
 |
| Snow! |
 |
| 3 minutes into our car ride home and Sophie was O-U-T |
No comments:
Post a Comment