The weekend after Easter was Mishael's boyfriend Santiago's college graduation. Tawnya, Tracy and the girls brought Gramie with them for some Utah adventuring. We painted toenails, played volleyball, and even made a trip down to Ikea.
I drove up to Pendleton for Britni's 30th birthday. We went camping near Milton-Freewater with some of her friends (you'll recall April and Amy from last year's Dirty Dash race). We camped, played games, hiked, and even drove into Walla Walla one night for their hot air balloon festival and some sushi. Being accustomed to the hot air balloon festival in Driggs, I was disappointed to find that they just light them up at night. What a let-down!
 |
| These pups are ready for camping! |
 |
| BIG sleeping bag! |
 |
| Bishop's such a sweet boy |
 |
| Playing some baseball |
 |
| Playing bocce ball |
 |
| Sushi! |
 |
| Hot air balloons in Walla Walla |
The following weekend, Dustin and I met up with Jake and Gudrun up the Logan Canyon near the Beaver Mountain ski area. We did some walking and explored Bear Lake a little. Dustin and Jake brought their motorcycles, so they had fun driving up and down the canyon.
 |
| Moose visitor in the wee hours of the morning |
 |
| These rad little caterpillars were all over the place! |
 |
| This girl loves camping! |
 |
| Family photo at Bear Lake |
 |
| Ice cream to celebrate Norway's Independence Day |
 |
| Playing in the snow at Beaver Mountain |
 |
| Grilled cheese over the campfire may be the best idea ever! |
 |
| Feeding the baby geese |
 |
| Soph is unimpressed by this "no dogs" park |
It's already been pretty hot down in Salt Lake, which means that we spend a lot of time down at the dog park, where Sophie (and I) can splash around in the creek. It also means that Hawaiian shaved ice is back! If you haven't had Hawaiian-style shaved ice, you are totally missing out. It's nothing like the icy-chunk sno-cones of my childhood. It's smooth and delicious! And they will put vanilla ice cream in the middle. Win, win!
This past weekend I drove up to Ashton. Kelli and Andrew's house is FINALLY being built, so it was exciting to see the progress in person. We, of course, had to get huckleberry milkshakes from 5-11 Main (the old drugstore, turned pizza place). Okay, I'm the only one obsessed with huckleberry milkshakes, everyone else got other flavors. I also got to meet up with some of my high school classmates, Sidney, Eric, Craig (and his wife Erin). This year is my 10 year class reunion, can you believe it?!
 |
| I think you can tell that the kids are excited (Photo stolen from Kelli) |
No comments:
Post a Comment