I hosted Easter at our house this past weekend. My parents, Kelli, Andrew, & the kids came down from Ashton, Britni, Jeremy & doggies from Pendleton, Randy & Teresa from Pocatello, and Sarah, Kevin & Layla from Boise. The weather was perfect, so we were able to spend a lot of time outdoors. There was a lot of playing at the park, in the backyard, and dog-walking.
On Saturday, we went to Liberty Park so the kids could play and Britni could torture me with a running/squats workout. Kieko joined us for the running part, though she just sort of stared at us during the squats. We went back to my house to throw together some enchiladas and other Mexican food while part of the group went frisbee golfing. While that was cooking, we had an egg hunt in the backyard. Mishael and Santiago came over and we all ate. After that we played outside some more and talked. Then everyone parted ways to check into hotels (aka: go play in the swimming pool) and do more frisbee golfing. Dustin, Teresa and I headed up to the Big Cottonwood Canyon where Dustin took his mama for a ride on his motorcycle while I hung out with the doglets. After that, we took them to Parley's for some much-needed exercise.That night, Dustin and I taught my mom and Britni to play Ticket to Ride.
 |
| Where am I supposed to sleep?? |
Britni and Jeremy had stayed in a hotel Saturday night, which meant that I was on puppy-duty. I got up early on Sunday with Dodger and played with him outside, where he proceeded to jump all over in my empty plant pots and chew on the shrubbery. Everyone came over again later in the morning for crepes and waffles. That afternoon, Dustin, Randy, Teresa, Britni, Jeremy, and Kevin all went golfing while my mom, Kelli, Andrew, Sarah, Charles, Juniper, Anthony, and Layla went to the planetarium. My dad and I conned Mishael and Santi into going to Parley's. Dad, Santi, and Kieko did some geocaching while Mishael, Sophie, and I kept track of Dodger. Sarah and Kevin had to head back to Boise, but the rest of us met back up again to eat at Joe's Crab Shack, where Dustin and I were learned in the ways of the crab pot. They were flying crab shell bits and corn-on-the-job juice but, luckily, no casualties. That night, Britni requested a rematch in Ticket to Ride, so we taught Jeremy to play too.
 |
| Innocent face, dirty paws |
 |
| Getting up early with chewy puppies is worth it if you can drink tea from a My Little Pony mug |
 |
| Apparently sidewalk chalk is a tasty treat |
 |
| Shoulder rub train |
 |
| Dodger likes to be held like a baby people |
 |
| Our double-sided coat closet was a hit with the littles |
Nice blog! Looks like fun!
ReplyDelete