Monday, April 14, 2014

March update: Museum, Idaho visits

I had some issues recently with my google+ app, so my photos weren't uploading. I've since gotten the problem fixed, so here is what we've been up to for the last month:

Dustin and I went to the Natural History Museum of Utah for the first time:



The fur-babies and I have been enjoying the mostly springlike weather:


We FINALLY got Sophie to play with a real dog toy! We have to get her really riled up and, unfortunately, it resembles a long turd (it's supposed to be a cigar).

The last weekend in March, we drove up to Ashton to spend some time with my family. Britni and Jeremy were in town with Kieko and their new puppy, Dodger. He was so cute and fun to play with, but am I ever glad that we don't have a baby dog in our house!


The following weekend, Dustin's niece Alex and nephew Max were in Pocatello for the beginning of their spring break. We went up to go skiing with them at Targhee. We also got some big wet snowflakes in Pocatello, which Sophie and I enjoyed, even though we got soaked by the end of our walk.


The avalanche dogs were doing their fundraiser/demo and the kids got to be 'buried' and 'found' by the trainees.








We drove up to Pocatello again the next weekend, because Heath and Angel had come down from Missoula to meet up with their friends from Reno. We generally just hung out, but Alex convinced us all to go rollerskating. I hadn't been on roller skates since I was probably about 7 (roller blades were the cool thing when I was a kid) and I have to say that it is HARD! Next time I will definitely be renting blades instead of skates. We also played Ticket to Ride, one of my favorite group games. It's similar to Settlers of Catan, but a little simpler and shorter. I'm making my family play when they come down for Easter.






'Grandma, why is Lilly-dog allowed on the couch too?'

My and Dustin's Ticket to Ride teammate. 
 This past weekend, Dustin and I were happy to finally spend a weekend at home. Tawnya, Tracy, and the girls were down for Teagan's diabetes check-up at Primary's. We had an adults evening at Brewvies Friday night. Saturday, Dustin went snowboarding for the last weekend of the season while I had a shopping date with Tawnya and the girls. We all met up again that night for pizza at The Pie. Santi made us crepes Sunday morning before they all headed out to Lagoon and I headed home to clean and organize our spare room. Dustin went through a box of school projects from his childhood. It was really fun to watch him pull things out and then tell stories about things that he remembered. He wore paper reindeer antlers for at least an hour!

All this nice weather has made me want fresh blooms on our front porch! I had to settle for a miniature dahlia plant for our dining room table.


This coming weekend, we have company coming to our house for Easter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is as nice as the forecast predicts for our egg hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment