Thursday, February 27, 2014

Valentine's Day, a Tea Party, Brunch with Friends, and Spring?!

Dustin and I celebrated Valentine's Day a day early because I was headed up to Idaho for my niece's 7th birthday on Friday. We went out to Squatter's Pub and Brewery, one of our favorites.Can I just tell you how much I love their bison burger? No, there's not enough time...


My niece Juniper decided on a tea party for her 7th birthday party. We had a variety of teas for everyone, a cute little pink cake with even cuter mini tea set on top, finger sandwiches cut into teapot shapes, and carrot cupcakes in teacups. My sister Kelli also made pretty, fuzzy scarves for everyone to wear. It was mostly family, but some family friends and Juniper's adorable friend Camilla also came over. 











We watched the end of the Olympics

Last Saturday we had brunch with our friends Josh, Natalie, Jessie, and Trevor, and their wee ones Oliver and Audrey. Josh and Natalie made delicious french toast kabobs, which we supplemented with lots of fruit and some not-very-lemony poppy-seed muffins (made by me, so I can be critical). It was our second month of getting together for brunch, and I hope it continues to be a tradition. 


The weather has been insanely nice the last few days. Sophie and I have been enjoying the nice weather. I convinced her to run with me in exchange for a VERY leisurely and sniff-friendly mini walk at the end. We also played in the mud at Parley's on a particularly nice day. Sophie loved it, even though it meant a bath afterward and walks at Liberty Park for the past week to keep her soft fur nice and clean for a bit.






Cosmo and Sophie were not amused the the pillow blockade their daddy built to keep them from their Saturday snuggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment