Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lazy Superbowl Weekend & EIRMC Baby Shower


We had a pretty lazy weekend for the Superbowl. I tried my hand at homemade cinnamon rolls. Granted, they weren't proper cinnamon rolls because I didn't have to let them rise multiple times, but they do have yeast in them, so they're sort-of proper. Regardless, I added chocolate chips to them, because that's what my great grandma Lenore always did (seriously, why do more people not do this?!) and they turned out delicious. So something good came out of the weekend, even if the game was awful. If you're interested, I got the recipe from one of my favorite food blogs, Averie Cooks.

Last weekend I drove up to Idaho to attend a baby shower for two of my former co-workers from EIRMC. I brought Sophie up with me to Pocatello so she could spend some much needed time with her grandma Teresa, who she hadn't seen since Thanksgiving. After I got into town Friday night, I met up with Jake and Gudrun for some El Herradero and hot tubbing.

On Saturday, after a quick but lovely visit to my girl Kelli for a hair cut, I drove up to Idaho Falls. My awesome friend Shawna was able to have lunch and do some shopping with me before the shower and then go to a movie and let me snuggle her fur-babies afterward.

I had such an amazing time at Liz and Nicole's baby shower. I hadn't realized just how much I had missed being around all these great women (and Luke and Devin, you guys are amazing too!). They truly are a family and take such good care of each other. I'm grateful that, even though I have moved away, they still claim me as one of their own. And did I mention that they are incredibly funny? I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

Sunday I drove back to Pocatello to watch the Olympics with Randy and Teresa for a little while before heading back home. It was an incredibly social weekend for me, but it felt great to be around so many people that make me happy.

I must have been really feeling sorry for you all, having to scroll through so many pictures on my previous post, because I have been really slacking on taking photos the last two weeks.


The expectant mamas (pic stolen from my friend Breezy). Liz, on the left, is having a baby brother for her adorable little girl. Nicole, on the right, is starting her family right with twin boys.

Sophie wanted to snuggle her grandma, but she was worried I'd leave her if she didn't keep an eye on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment