Monday, January 27, 2014

Garz-Brewer Visit, Midway Ice Castle

My aunt Tawnya, uncle Tracy, and cousin Teagan were in SLC this past weekend for a check-up at Primary Children's for Teagan's diabetes. Saturday morning we met up with them and Mishael for breakfast at the Park Cafe. Then we all went to the winter farmer's market, where I picked up some delicious Fiji apples and a few cheeses. 

That afternoon Dustin and I drove out to Midway (a small town south of Park City) to visit the ice castle. Our tickets were good all day, so I decided that we should see it in both daylight and at night, when they light it up with different colors. 

After our first trip through, we drove into Heber to find something to do. We ended up walking up and down Main Street for a short 10 minutes in the cold before heading into the Dairy Keen for some burgers, onion rings, and ice cream. Apparently the Dairy Keen is a very popular fast food place, because it was packed. I'm pretty sure that Dustin and I were the only ones over the age of 20 without kids. They had a Hogwarts Express train set up, but it wasn't running, so we could only look at all the little buildings and people.

With nothing else to do in Heber, Dustin and I drove back to Park City to wander around. We visited some art galleries and stopped into Atticus's for some warm beverages (tea for me and coffee for Dustin). By then it was dark, so we headed back to Midway to stand in line again for the ice castle. The line was much longer this time, but it was worth the wait. 

Sunday we met up with the Garz-Brewers again for breakfast at Mishael and Santiago's new apartment. Santi made us delicious crepes and even acquiesced when we requested cheesecake inside the crepes. Delicious! Oh yes, and then I went into a dazed food coma on their couch for a few hours.












Olaf from Disney's Frozen











Sophie's January Bark Box. She nabbed the mini bully stick as soon as the box lid came up. 
Sundays are the best. Especially when you have a freshly bathed dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment