On Sunday we did a short float/rafting trip on the big raft. Then Angel, Alex, Max, Sophie, and I hung out on a little beach while Dustin and Heath did another float trip in the canoe. Sophie couldn't figure out why we would want to sit in the sun on the hot sand, so she kept trying to wander off. When Heath and Dustin floated up from their trip, they helped Alex and Max make a water feature in the sand.
Monday was a lazy day. Angel, Alex and I took a quick trip to the mall. Then Dustin and I played kickball with Alex and Max. I hadn't played kickball since...grade school?! It was a ton of fun, but it was super hot. Dustin and Max, naturally, trashed us girls, although Alex and I got some pretty good runs. Sophie was really confused about what was going on, so she kept wandering around the field toward the running people. She must have thought that with this much running around, there must be something exciting going on, but she couldn't quite figure it out.
Tuesday we headed out to camp for a night. After setting up our tents we did another, shorter, float sans Angel, who got a couple of pictures of the rest of us from the riverbank. This float we did in a smaller raft and therefore got drenched (at least Dustin and I, who were in the front did) and we had to stop to bail out the boat because of all the water.
Wednesday we slowly broke down camp before heading home to our lonesome kitties. It was nice to have only a few days of work before another weekend! And hallelujah the farmer's market is back! I love wandering around and seeing how crafty people are. And the produce! Yummy!
A few days after we got home, Dustin turned on our outside water and discovered that we have a quail nest (complete with about a dozen eggs) right next to our house. He and the mama quail scared the heck out of each other, but we are now happily coexisting and I'm looking forward to seeing our own little covey running around our cul de sac.
This past Saturday I finally finished my first sewing class and have a pair of pajama pants to show off in addition to my pillowcase. I still haven't quite decided whether sewing is something that I'm going to want to do a lot of. We had a really big class, so I don't quite feel as though I learned a whole lot. I may try out another class or two before making the plunge into buying a sewing machine.
Dustin forgot his camera at work, so we had to make due with iPhone photos. All rafting-related photos were stolen from Angel, as I didn't dare bring my phone that close to the water.
| Sophie's got her pillow, so she's ready for the long trip |
| Sophie and I take the best self portraits |
| Why are we laying in the hot sand? |
| Beginning work on the waterfall feature that ran down the beach into the river |
| She finally had to give up and move to the shade with Angel |
![]() |
| Rockin' the tiny raft |
| We found some mountain sheep on the way home |
| Our quail couple |
| The nest |
![]() |
| Google+ made this awesome little gif, so ya'll get a nice little modeling shoot |
| Dustin and I also discovered a new-to-us sushi place. They put mangoes on their rolls. How yummy is that? |






No comments:
Post a Comment