Last weekend Dustin and I drove over to Boise to hang out with Taylor and Athena and see their new house. We stopped by Twin Falls on our way to pick up Jake. We got in late Friday night and ate some amazing quesadillas and enchiladas made for us by Athena and Taylor.
Saturday was windy and the sun couldn't decide whether it wanted to stay out or not. The boys went to the motorcycle shop for a bit to get new tires on one of Taylor's bikes while Athena and I went to a few plant nurseries to make plans for her new flower beds. We ate some awesome Argentine empanandas from Tango's for lunch. Our friends Zac and Carlee (and their kiddos Eliza and Holden) stopped by for a little bit to visit us. Zac was back from Mali for a short time while they bought a house in Boise, so we were very lucky to be able to spend some time with them.
We had dinner at a sushi restaurant, where my friend and former roommate Ashley met up with us. She's currently studying for the MCAT, so I was happy that she took the time to hang out for a bit. We all went back to Taylor and Athena's to hang out and take Sophie and Reggie for a walk. I was so excited when the two of them finally started playing! It didn't last long, and Sophie became a crochety old dog again when we got back to the house, but it DID happen! Some of Taylor & Athena's friends came over and I, being the amazing party animal that I am, fell asleep on the couch (blaring records, chatting people and all!).
Sunday Taylor made us some awesome breakfast burritos with some fresh eggs from their chickens (did I mention that their house came with chickens?). Then the boys went for a motorcycle ride, while the weather was semi-nice. Athena and I took two tired dogs to the dog park, where they played again for a little while before pooping out. We also planted some of the flowers that she had gotten the day before and went to some thrift shops. The guys caught up with us on the tail-end of our thrift shopping, just in time to share in my excitement (or pretend to, anyway) when I FINALLY found an old-school ice cream scoop I'd been dreaming of finding for a very long time (my mom has one, but she would never let me steal it...)
We drove back to Twin Falls to drop off Jake and hang out with him and Gudrun (and eat pizza!) before finally heading back to Salt Lake. We were all very glad to be home (that drive sucks so bad!) and the kitties were happy to see us, as usual.
Are we there yet?
Their house is so cute!
Sophie REALLY wanted to be on the same side of the fence as the chickens.
Their chicken coop matches the house. And chickens are actually cooler than I expected. They are worm-finding machines!
He hates being locked in the laundry room via the baby gate.
Reggie loves Sophie, but the feeling is NOT mutual.
Look at that adorable face!
Sophie and Reggie did NOT like it when we hung out on the other side of the fence.
He's gotten so big!
Rawr!!!
I love my Ash!
This poor dog was sick of being gnawed and jumped on by her cousin.
The best kind of ice cream scoop ever! And, no, I did not intentionally take that photo in front of an amazing couch. It was pure, happy coincidence!
No comments:
Post a Comment