Wednesday, May 23, 2012

We're moving!



Wow, it's been awhile! Things have really started to fall into place since my last post (thank goodness!). I have been offered (and accepted) two PRN positions (as needed, no guaranteed hours), one at the University of Utah hospital and one with Intermountain Health Care at the LDS Hospital. 

We also have a rental house lined up in Millcreek (I'll post pics as soon as we move in; I still haven't even seen it, so I'm trusting Dustin's judgement here). Our official move date is June 2nd. I'm currently in my last week at EIRMC and then I'll have all next week to get everything packed up and my last minute errands ran. We haven't sold our house yet, so we're thinking about renting it out for a year or so. Hopefully the market will get better and we'll be able to at least break even on it. 

This is a wonderful but nerve-wracking time for me. I am very excited for this new chapter in our lives, but I will definitely miss my friends and co-workers. Saying my goodbyes to coworkers and doctors has definitely caused me a lot of sadness and anxiety. I hadn't realized how comfortable and useful I had become. Starting over in not one, but two hospitals makes me anxious, but my time at EIRMC has helped with both my experience and confidence and I know that I will be prepared for whatever comes next. 

Besides stressing out about how much stuff we've accumulated and how I can possibly pack it all (luckily my lovely mama has offered to help out with that), I've been staying busy planning Britni's bridal shower. Wedding planning is much more fun when a) it's not yours and b) you have pinterest. The anticipation of moving has helped motivate me to get the majority of things figured out, purchased and stored at my in-laws' house (lucky them). 

At the end of April, my friend Shawna and I drove to Pendleton for the bachelorette party her co-workers were throwing for her. We got pedicures in Pendleton before driving to Walla Walla to do some wine tasting. Mostly I just enjoyed the cute little downtown area and shops. Give me a good book store and a candy shop and I'm in heaven. 

This past weekend Britni and Jeremy drove over. Saturday Brit ran her 4th half marathon (with friend and bridesmaid Megan) and Jeremy and our friend Shawna ran the 5k. My lazy butt still hasn't made it to a 5k yet, unfortunately. I keep telling myself I'll be more motivated after the move. 

D spent the day out in American Falls training his new replacement for his old job at AMS. That night we went to our friends Brian and Kathleen's house for their moving away party. It seems we're all growing up and moving or getting married or having kids. I guess we're adults now, huh?

Sunday we celebrated Charles's 9th and Anthony's 3rd birthdays. Kelli, Andrew, Charles, Juniper, Anthony, my mom and dad drove down from Ashton. We had a water gun fight at Randy and Teresa's before hitting up the mini golf course. Then we met Brad for a picnic lunch at Brooklyn's Playground at OK Ward Park (an amazing playground in Chubbuck if you haven't been there). 


Random photos taken on my phone during the past few months:

 Britni, me and Shawna at the spa



 The bachelorette party (minus me, who was behind the camera)

 Britni and Shawna at a winery

Dustin and I took Kieko & Sophie to Bartz Field and wore them out
We are really trying to socialize Sophie so that we can take her to dog parks without her being aggressive

Dustin and Juniper mid-water fight

My dad and Dustin at mini golf

 Aww, what cute babies!


 Sophie will be VERY happy when all this moving business is over.




 The babies taking a nap with Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment