Update since my last post (please excuse the randomness of it; I'm tired and grouchy):
I've driven down to Salt Lake a few times, enough to get excited about living down there (Hello, dog parks, warmer weather, Ikea, Harmon's, Whole Foods, and Sephora!) and frustrated about still living here in Pocatello. We went skiing at Solitude one weekend and I got to practice my powder skills (or lack thereof). I also dragged Dustin along to try on and order my bridesmaid dress (lucky him!). And we did our taxes...Double blech!) I also discovered that Salt Lake City doesn't carry Tillamook yogurt or ice cream. We will definitely be loading up a cooler whenever we drive back to Idaho to visit.
Dustin has driven up to Pocatello as well. We attended my niece Juniper's birthday party at Leo's Place in Idaho Falls and went with Britni to her wedding planning appointment at the Rose Shop. I'm sure she appreciates the gigantic to-do list that I typed up for her too...
We also bought a new car! Big Red finally kicked the bucket, so D spent an entire week after work test-driving cars and setting up financing. He brought me home a 2004 Subaru Forester and I absolutely love her!
Last weekend we drove up to Missoula with Dustin's mom, Teresa. The plan had been to go skiing at Discovery (one of my favorite hills), but Dustin got the flu and spent the entire weekend on the couch. The weather was pretty nice, so it was hard to be in the mood for skiing anyway.
Random pet updates:
Sophie has been sick for the last month. She's had a fever and been having a hard time getting around, acting like a sore old dog. After two vet visits (and lots of bills!), we still don't know for sure what's going on. Her hips look great, so no hip dysplasia. Her white blood cell count has been a little high, but she doesn't have heart worm or lyme disease. The vet mentioned a possibility of Bartonellosis (a bacterial infection similar to cat scratch fever) and prescribed a second, more powerful antibiotic, and some antiinflammatories. Add lack of appetite due to the antibiotics to the list of symptoms... We though she was better after this past weekend, but the last few days she's been dragging again. I can't figure out how much of this is her being sick and how much is her pouting because Dustin's not around. Who'd have thought she'd be so sensitive to our recent life change? Yet another reason I'm frustrated at this living apart thing.
I recently changed the cats over to a new food (I figure Jade keeps eating Sophie's Blue Buffalo food, so I might as well at least have everyone on the same brand, right?). I'm happy to say that they are looking much more svelte the last few weeks, something their last, equally as expensive and filler-free food did not do. They too are upset at Dustin's absence, though they generally deal with it pretty well.
Commence the random photos:
The newest addition to our family- Frankie!
Max's amazing Lego castle, complete with 4 dragons!
The two sickies hanging out on the couch
I love this face!
D snuggling Cosmo. Note those kneading little paws
Layla loves this post... plenty of dog and cat pics. Her favorite: "Dog is sleeping."
ReplyDeleteHope you are reunited full time w/ your honey soon.