Regardless, the cats settled in pretty well in about a week. They've had a good time exploring their new house and learning to open all the cupboard doors and hide inside. After a few escapes, Sophie has settled in as well, though she definitely misses spending days with her Grandma Teresa. We have discovered a few places that she loves to go for walks, and even a semi-quiet dog park (she gets overwhelmed at the big dog park and hates the mulch they have all over the ground) where she can make new friends.
Dustin and I are renting out our Pocatello house and renting one in SLC. Our rental house is pretty nice. Definitely plenty large for us and it has a yard and garage. The garage is currently housing all of our overflow junk boxes and Dustin's motorcycles. Yep, he now has two. The little Buell Blast just wasn't cutting it any more, so D found a Buell Lightning for his commute to work. We've had a lot of fun with it, even taking it on a camping trip (more on that in a later post).
I'm still working PRN at both jobs and enjoying the control I have over my schedule. It's been difficult for me to move from a hospital where I knew all the doctors and most of the hospital staff (especially in the ER and OR) and they knew me. I have oftentimes felt like a student again, trying to learn the layouts, equipment and staff of TWO different hospitals. It has definitely made me appreciate the time I've had at EIRMC (and my former co-workers. I love and miss you guys!).
We are really loving it down here in Salt Lake. It's nice to be so close to some of our good friends, even if our family is a little further away. We've done a lot of adventuring this summer, but I'll detail all that in the next posts. In the meantime, enjoy these photos from our move:
Empty UHaul
Our rental house
Living Room
Closet for him, closet for me
Kitchen
Dining room










No comments:
Post a Comment