Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October Adventures

October had a chilly start, which had Dustin and me both thinking of getting ready for winter (AKA ski season!) and trying to hang on to the last of fall. We headed down to Salt Lake to do some coat shopping (what we had decided we would get each other for our birthdays), and also to pick up an extra motorcycle helmet so I could ride with Dustin. We had a long day shopping with our friends Cody and Beth (and I got to visit IKEA!), but successfully we both found coats we loved (and the helmet, we can't forget the helmet!). We also got to meet Josh and Natalie's baby Oliver for the first time. He was pretty stinkin' cute for a miniature human being and we can tell that Josh and Natalie are going to be awesome parents.

We also met up with my parents, sister Kelli, brother-in-law Andrew and their kids. They were down in SLC for an appointment at Shriner's for Anthony (the appt went well and Anthony is using a lot of sign language to make up for his speech issues). We went to the children's discovery center at the Gateway Mall and played around. It was awesome and had a lot of things for kids of all ages.

After we got home, we went out for a ride on the Buell. We checked out the beautiful fall colors along Buckskin on a wonderful, warm day. I've decided that I really like to ride the motorcycle on short-ish rides, but we need a bigger bike for the two of us.

The sight that greeted me one day after work in early October

Beth found a rad panda hat/scarf/gloves

Self-portrait of us and the pretty colors on the hill

1 comment:

  1. I think I need that panda hat to fit in at the next rave Sean takes me to. Sa-weet!

    ReplyDelete