Yesterday, I picked my very first zucchini squash from out mini-container-vegetable garden and I was very excited to try out a new recipe to use (and celebrate) my own little bit of homegrown goodness. I actually ended up trying two recipes (Tomato & mozzarella pasta al forno and zucchini oven chips), and they turned out great together!
Click the links above to get the recipes. I, of course, got them via Pinterest and found them very easy and quick to make. Yes, me, the girl who isn't much interested in making anything other than baked goods.
And speaking of baked goods... I also made banana bread and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (just call me little Miss Suzy Homemaker) tonight. Here's the cookie recipe I use:
Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies:
1 cup softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips (I usually add a little more)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper
In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. In a separate, medium bowl, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in the flour combination. Lastly, mix in the oats and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 4 dozen cookies


No comments:
Post a Comment