Two weekends ago, I headed to St. Louis to see Britni, Sarah, Kevin, and baby Layla.
Saturday Britni and I went to see the St. Louis Arch, and yes, amazingly, I actually went all the way up in it! Then we had lunch with Sarah and Layla at Fitz's (a rootbeer bottling company/restaurant) and did a little shopping. We also visited Jilly's Cupcakes, where they had the most amazing cupcakes. Then Britni and I decided to catch a movie, and watched Gnomeo and Juliet. Super cute!
Sunday we did Dim Sum with some of Kevin and Sarah's friends, where we went to a Chinese restaurant where they brought around all sorts of foods on carts and we picked what we wanted. Boy was it nice to have some regulars to tell us what was what! I was really fun to try a lot of new things. After Dim Sum Sarah, Britni, Layla, and I went to the botanical gardens. It was a very nice day, so it was perfect to wander around the gardens and to see the orchid exhibit. Then Britni and I went to the City Museum, which was basically a giant playground. We did a lot of crawling through tunnels that went under the floor, in the ceiling, and outside. It was a blast, and we didn't even mind getting laughed at by the other adults.
Monday Sarah made us Valentine's breakfast, complete with candles! Then we did a little mall shopping before Sarah, Layla and Britni dropped me off at the airport. My flight actually got canceled due to mechanical issues with the plane, and though I would have loved to have stayed another day in St. Louis, I had possible jury duty the next day and really didn't want to go to jail for not being there. Therefore, I found a later flight to Denver and made my connecting flight to Idaho Falls.
The little 'capsule' they send you up to the top of the arch in. Yes, there are five seats in that sucker.
The weird little chute that you have to crawl through in order to enter the aforementioned capsule.
The view from the arch.
Britni and I up at the top. The viewing window is behind us
The dead buffalo inside the museum below the arch
See those little black dots on the right hand side at the base of the arch? Yep, those are people.
Yes, this cupcake has two different kinds of frosting. Yum yum!
Outside at the City Museum
Britni in one of many tunnels
I bruised both knees crawling around everywhere!
Cool glass sculptures at the botanical gardens.
Poison dart frog!
The orchid exhibit
My what big teeth you have, Miss Layla!
(Yep, you guessed it! This was a present from my dad!)
Candlelight breakfast!
















No comments:
Post a Comment