For Halloween, Dustin and I went down to Salt Lake to party with friends Josh, Natalie, Cody and Beth. I was a girl scout (complete with cookies!) and Dustin was a dirty old man. He had a lot of fun staying in character all night. We also got to make a visit to Ikea and purchase a bunch of picture frames (we love Ikea picture frames!)
Note the amazing front butt.
Since I was working midnight shifts at the time, Dustin's birthday was pretty low-key. Plus I have to save up all the big celebrating for next year (the big 3-0!).
On work news, I've recently started my fourth per diem job (yes, fourth) and am currently getting full-time hours (whoot whoot!) between all of them. I'm anticipating a full-time job opening at EIRMC within the next few weeks, so I've got my fingers crossed for a set schedule and benefits in my future! Dustin's job at AMS continues to treat him well and he's looking forward to his Christmas break (Dec 24-Jan 2). I'm sure he'll be spending most of that time with his feet strapped into his snowboard. He's also been working on his advertising portfolio website and playing with different design programs.
It snowed the first big snow of the season today, and in preparation, Dustin and I took the Subaru in for new snow tires. Can I just say OUCH to the dent it made in our bank account!? On the plus side, Dustin is very excited as he is going snowboarding at Targhee tomorrow. He's been sitting on the couch for the last hour or so sewing together the all the rips in his favorite snow pants (yep, he makes a cute little seamstress!) I personally plan to stay inside all day tomorrow snuggling with my Sophie-dog and a good book (right now I'm working my way through Helter Skelter, the true account of the Manson Murders, which is very disturbing, but still very good). I may even make some cookies.
Thanksgiving will be a smallish event this year, since it will just be me, Dustin, Britni, my parents, Dustin's parents, and a few friends whose families are either out of town or not celebrating till the weekend. However, we are not skimping, regardless of the small number of people eating with us. I was very happy to pick out our turkey and ham at Costco today, even if I had to stop by Fred Meyer later since I'd completely forgotten to pick up stuffing mix (oops!)
I've been trying to get a jump on my Christmas shopping. My plan had been to get most of it done before Thanksgiving (I HATE going shopping anywhere between Thanksgiving and Christmas because there are so many people) and then doing the rest online. I've only had time to pick up a few things since my work schedule has picked up, which is good for my bank account and gift budget, but bad for my time line goal.
My favorite part of Christmas shopping this year has been perusing the pet-friendly items on Etsy. Today I finally broke down and bought some goodies for my babies, knowing it will take some time for these items to ship. Hopefully I can keep them out of prying little paws until the actual holiday! And hopefully Dustin won't kill me when all the packages arrive...
A little engraved spice jar for catnip from TwoFarmChicks (it comes with fresh, organic catnip too!). Last year Cosmo pulled the catnip bag out of his stocking and I only recently found it (empty, of course) under the couch.
I got this pretty purple plaid collar (from PecanPiePuppies) for my Sophie girl, but it will have this white flower:
This pretty blue and red collar is for the Kieko-mon.
I can't wait to see HannaPT's catnip eyeballs rolling around on our floor!
CherryWillow fills these little octopi with either catnip or bells. I had to buy two of each!
Though not from Etsy, I am considering getting toy freak Kieko one of these cute Good Karma rope toy animals.








No comments:
Post a Comment