Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving and Christmas gift failure

Wow! Talk about storm of the century! I drove up to work Monday morning in the wonderful snow storm (I left 1.5 hours before I needed to be to work and arrived 20 minutes late!) and stayed the next two nights at the hospital. Wednesday I finally got to go home after work (YAY!). No offense, but I like my bed much more than the hospital beds. That and I don't have the urge to run across the hall to push the 'silence' button on my neighboring patient's IV monitor in the middle of the night.

My parents also drove down from Ashton on Wednesday and we had Thanksgiving dinner...errr...lunch... at Randy and Teresa's house with my siblings Brad and Britni, our friend Taylor, and Teresa's friend Julie. It was a delicious meal and we got to watch the Saints kick the Cowboys' asses (bwahahaha), page through the Black Friday ads looking at things we were NOT going to get up early to buy, and play a few games of Cash Cab. 

 Watching football is tiring work for doggies.


 Kieko wanted to play too

Dustin rocked his sweatpants all day, proclaiming it a lazy day in which he had to do no work. I did convince him to mash the potatoes for dinner, but that was about it.

So a few of the kitties' Christmas presents came in the mail while I was gone at work. Dustin put them in my mailbox by the door and while he sat and watched, the cats proceeded to climb a stack of boxes and then tear through both the padded envelope AND the plastic bag in order to get the goodies inside! Here are photos as proof:

I received this video while I was at work.

Cosmo's catnip-filled octopus


 Jade and his giant catnip-filled eyeball

 Mine!

 What? I know this was for me.

Note the knocked-over boxes by the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment