We did our annual drive to Park City and through the Provo Canyon to look at the fall colors. We did the drive a few weeks earlier, but none of the aspens had changed yet, so we decided to try again at the beginning of October. We also took our last motorcycle ride of the season. We went up Little Cottonwood Canyon, which was very pretty, but we had made the mistake of going up during Oktoberfest, so traffic was pretty heavy.
In more domestic news, we got a new dishwasher! I never thought I'd be excited about a dishwasher, but when our old one went out, I got sick of washing silverware and plates very quickly. The best part? We live in a rental, so we didn't have to pay for it!
 |
| The dog park has such a wonderful view of the fall foliage |
 |
| Visiting the City Creek dog park |
I drove up to Ashton to go hunting with my uncle Tom and my Grandma Gene. I had never been before (too early, too cold, don't want to kill anything), but I was missing Idaho and decided that I wanted to wander the mountainside (with a camera instead of a gun). My first day started early with my uncle and his brother-in-law picking me up at my parents' house at 5 am and driving up to Island Park to hike up a mountain in the dark. We saw a bull and some cow elk, but no spikes (which is what Tom had a tag for). I didn't really mind since I was only hunting with my phone camera.
 |
| On the mountaintop just in time for the sunrise |
 |
| If you look closely between Tom's head and gun, you can see the bull elk running off away from us |
 |
| Snow |
 |
| What a view! |
The second day, I decided to hang out with my Grandma Gene instead of hiking for 11 hours. She picked me up just after sunrise and we drove the back roads up to Island Park, finding some moose and antelope on the way. We took a few short hikes (you'll remember my grandma was still recovering from a bout with pancreatitis), but were equally unsuccessful on the hunting front. We did rustle ourselves up a couple of cheeseburgers from one of the lodges, and we stopped so I could visit my friend Whitney and her family.
 |
| Love this fog! |
 |
| Grandpa Chuck's truck is still going strong! |
 |
| My grandma is a badass |
 |
| 14+ years later, I still find this funny. |
 |
| Together again for the first time in (8?!) years |
The next Wednesday was my birthday, so I treated myself to a white chocolate mocha before work. It was a gorgeous day so when I got home, Sophie and I took a walk. That evening, Dustin took me out to the Copper Onion (a fancy-pants restaurant that we'd been meaning to try, and boy, was it worth it! Yum!).
We entered Sophie in a costume contest supporting the Humane Society of Utah, which she was less than thrilled about. I took a turtle costume we'd had for a few years and added some purple touches from an old shirt to make her into a ninja turtle. She won an honorable mention and we got all sorts of goodies as a prize. I think she wanted to pay us back for making her wear a costume, because on her walk that afternoon, she decided to roll in a dead falcon carcass. Brat!
 |
| She hates dressing up... |
 |
| Our personal favorite, William Wallace from Braveheart (the dog's real name was Hamish!) |
 |
| This house built a pirate ship in their front yard! |
 |
| Guilty face |
 |
| Jade had a vet check-up. Other than the fact that he's fat and grouchy, he's in perfect health. |
This year, Dustin and I didn't dress up for Halloween. It was our 10 year anniversary or being together, so we went out to dinner and a show. We ate at Squatters Pub (one of our favorites) and went to the show Thriller. They did a bunch of skits in different dance styles, and we found ourselves very entertained.
 |
| Dinosaur skeleton sugar cookies |
 |
| 10 years ago! |
Oh, and for my birthday/anniversary/Christmas present, Dustin bought me a new iPad! I've been playing with it all weekend and am loving it so far.
 |
| My new toy! |
The weather has started to change and it's really feeling like fall. It snowed up in the mountains this weekend and we had to break out our thicker jackets and beanies for our walks.
 |
| Dustin and Sophie chasing each other |
 |
| Snuggle time! |
No comments:
Post a Comment