Since our vacation, we've pretty much stayed home on the weekends. I've been trying to get in as many visits to the farmer's market as I can before they close in October. This really seems to be the best time of year, because it's not so hot that you're sweating to death, but you can buy both watermelons and pumpkins! Ok, yes. I'm really in it for the peaches, although I did buy a 15 lb watermelon one trip and lug it around the park for 20 minutes.
Taylor came down to go with us to the Oddball Comedy Fest. We got to see Dmitri Martin, Sarah Silverman, Aziz Ansari, and Louis C.K. (and other comedians I wasn't familiar with). I was expecting a mediocre show, but it was actually pretty good.
We've also been enjoying the end-of-summer weather with some nice long walks at Parley's.
Randy and Teresa flew out of Salt Lake City a few weekends ago for one of Randy's conferences. Sophie was thrilled to have a sleepover with her grandma! That same weekend, Dustin and I signed up for Strut Your Mutt, a walk that raises money for local animal rescues. Since there were two of us and only one Sophie, we signed up to walk a shelter dog too. We picked up miss Roxy Saturday morning before the walk. I was really worried that Sophie would get jealous, but she did really great! After the introductory butt-sniff, both dogs were like "ok, you're cool" and they got along just fine for the entire time. We walked them around Liberty Park and then wandered around to all the booths, where Sophie may or may not have eaten her body weight in treats. We showed Roxy off to anyone interested, telling them what we knew about her. She was seriously an amazing dog, and I was grateful that we hadn't ended up with the crazy-hyper, barking lab that another walker had.
After the walk, we dropped Roxy back off at the shelter. It was SO hard to take her back, but we hoped that some of the people who had showed interest at the park would come to look at her and maybe take her home. She was such a sweet and well-behaved dog that I knew she would find a home in no time. I checked their website the next day and sure enough, Roxy had been adopted!
My work was having a summer party at a local park, so we headed straight over to that for some games and food.
| Roxy, our sweet walking partner from the shelter |
| I was so glad to see Roxy and Sophie get along the whole time! |
| Playing 'who can ride the bike the slowest without putting your feet down' |
The next day we drove out to Park City to check out the fall colors. We drove through Sundance and the Provo Canyon and saw lots of pretty oranges and reds from the maples and elms, but the aspen trees hadn't changed color yet. We'll wait another week or two and drive up again.
| Our adorable backseat driver |
This past Friday, I got tickets to the Real Salt Lake game. We always enjoy watching the soccer games, but for some reason we only end up going once a season. Saturday we went to the Maze Runner at Brewvies. Dustin discovered a lovely drink there called a Mr. Pink (tastes just like a watermelon Jolly Rancher) and then proceeded to insist that we build a fort when we got home.
Oh, yeah, and we saw a crazy, intoxicated lady run around in the middle of 600 s (for you non-locals, that is a busy-ass, 4 lane, one-way street downtown) and almost get hit by at least 6 cars. We called the police and they were like 'yeah, we've already had someone call in'. Crazy!
| He's so sick of selfies... |
| Kitties checking out the fort |
| Cosmo liked the roof |
| Sophie thought we were weird |
No comments:
Post a Comment