We've been quite busy this July. I feel like we haven't been home on the weekend in ages, and if we have, we've had lots of plans. We started the month off with a Fitz & the Tantrums concert at Red Butte Gardens.
 |
| Waiting for Fitz & the Tantrums to take the stage |
We spent the 4th of July with Tawnya, Tracy and the girls, watching fireworks at nearby Sugarhouse Park.
 |
| Sophie and Victoria cooling off at the dog park |
The next weekend we drove up to Baker City and Sumpter, Oregon for Dustin's cousin Kendra's wedding.

 |
| This guy is obsessed with the train set-up in the restaurant in Baker City |
The very next weekend, we drove back up to Boise to meet up with our friends Athena, Taylor, Jake, Gudrun, and Cody for our annual motorcycle trip. This time around, instead of camping, we rented a cabin in McCall. Before we left Boise, I was able to catch up with my cousin Macy, who was in town from New Orleans with her little boy, Markus. I had breakfast with them and the whole Cummings clan at Sarah's house. It made me very happy to catch up with my cousins and see their kiddos. A lot has sure changed since we were all running around together on Pa's farm!
 |
| Hanging with his Papa |
 |
| Eating a banana pepper from his Aunt Sarah's garden. |
When Gudrun, Jake, and Cody rolled into town (from Pocatello) we loaded everything up into the Forester and headed out. In the past, something has always marred our motorcycle trips. The first year, the entire area around Stanley was on fire (and someone forgot their tent poles). Then last year, it rained more than half the time in Yellowstone (and someone else forgot their entire tent). This year, the weather was pretty much perfect (sunny and not too hot) and no one had a tent to forget, so we were golden. We spent a lot of time at the beach, soaking up the sun and playing on paddle boards.
 |
| Gudrun and I |
 |
| That's me on the far right, trying out the paddle board for the first time! |
 |
| The whole group: Alex, Sara, Alicia, Athena, Taylor, Cody, Dustin, me, Gudrun & Jake |
 |
| Morning coffee/tea on the sunny deck |
 |
| Well, hello there, neighbor! |
On the one weekend we did spend at home, we went to the Leonardo Museum to see the Animal Inside Out exhibit. I think I liked the animal exhibit even better than the human one!
This past weekend, we drove up to Pocatello to see our friend Gudrun one more time before she moved back to Norway. We also spent a lot of time at Dustin's parents' house, hanging out with Teresa. Randy was in Florida for a conference. I met my mom, dad, Brad and Juniper for lunch in Idaho Falls on Sunday for my mama's (early) birthday. After that, Mom, Juniper and I did some shopping. When Dustin and I headed back to Salt Lake, we left Sophie with Teresa for a few more days of being a spoiled baby (she brought her back last night when she came to pick Randy up from the airport).
 |
| Sampson and Sophie were happy to spend the weekend together! |
 |
| Best friends! |
No comments:
Post a Comment