Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year's

For New Years' we decided to do brunch instead of a late-night party because, let's face it, I fell asleep at 10:30 on Christmas Eve. New Year's Eve was no different. I tried really hard to stay awake, but totally fell asleep at 11:30.

We had Josh, Natalie, & Oliver and Jessie, Trevor, & Audrey over for some coffee cake, blueberry muffins, and mimosas (fyi- orange juice and sparkling cider are delicious together). Happily, this year there were no repeat attacks from an unnamed grey cat upon small children. We've made a New Year's resolution to spend more time together, since we all live so close but hardly ever seem to get together.

After brunch, Dustin and I took Sophie out to Summit Park. She had so much fun and we enjoyed being out of the inversion. I am so ready for another snowstorm to push this pollution out. It's so gross you can taste it. We've been trying out a wax called Musher's Secret on Sophie's paws to try to keep her from getting so much snow buildup. Unfortunately she doesn't like to hold still to get the wax rubbed on her feet, so I'm not sure whether I'm doing a good job coating or not. It does seem to work, but I think we need to apply it again in the middle of the walk as it wears off.


Dustin sporting his new hat from Jeremy. 

Poor snowball dog


I also participated in a mug swap put on by my friend and fellow x-ray tech Amanda. The premise is that you get matched up with another person that you don't know, tell each other a little about yourselves, and then mail a drinking mug and goodies to that person. I got a zig-zag mug with lots of chocolaty goodness and some hand lotion and gave my partner a pink mug with some Ghirardelli hot chocolate mix, a Twix and some Skittles. It was a fun little exchange and I think it would be fun to build up a collection of mismatched mugs over the years.



No comments:

Post a Comment