We helped Mishael celebrate her 20th birthday with some homemade lasagna and treats from City Cakes. I pulled a super-stupid and turned the wrong burner on the stovetop (I had a glass baking dish sitting on top). Needless to say, the dish exploded all over the kitchen and scared the heck out of me, Sophie, and Jade. No one was hurt, and I sure wish I had taken a photo before I cleaned it all up because it was EVERYWHERE. (Funny side note: I had been listening to a zombie podcast and thought the explosion sound was part of the story for a split second!)

Dustin carved a pumpkin for his work's Halloween party. I found the idea on Pinterest and made a last-minute run to Michael's for the green paint. Of course, he did an amazing job and won the pumpkin carving contest.
My friend Ashley came down to SLC on Friday to run the Night of the Running Dead 5k with me on Saturday night. We picked up our race packets and wandered around the mall a little bit before heading to get some fabulous Indian food. Bombay House was, as usual, crazy busy and we got some pretty crappy service, but the food was delicious! Saturday Ash, Dustin, Sophie, and I went to the second-to-last weekend of the downtown farmer's market, where I grabbed some pluots (delicious plum-apricot hybrids) and a bottle of marionberry syrup.
We took advantage of the gorgeous weather to show off our favorite dog park to Ashley. After a nice, long walk, we dropped Sophie at home to take a nap and headed to Ikea. Then, after a quick nap, it was time to get zombie-fied and head to our race. It was fun to see all the costumes. My favorite was a lady with her two little kids all dressed as zombie swimmers, complete with orange life jackets and seaweed in their hair.
 |
| Sophie HAD to sit on Ashley's lap |
 |
| Love this playful face! |
 |
| We make amazing zombies! |
 |
| Sophie wants to lick my zombie blood! |
Sunday morning, Ashley headed back to Boise and Dustin, Sophie, and I headed toward Park City to go for a fall drive. A lot of trees had already lost their leaves, but there was still plenty of gorgeous color and views. We ran around in the rain a little bit (cursing our choice of wearing slippers instead of shoes) and even spotted a moose.
 |
| Our fur-babies love Sundays! |
 |
| Our not-so-practical shoe choice |
No comments:
Post a Comment