Since our last vacation of the summer, Dustin and I have been taking it easy and enjoying the last of the warm summer weather. We've been snuggling our fur-kids a lot since football season has started (hence all the lazy pictures!)
 |
| Sitting so pretty for a treat at the coffee drive-thru |
 |
| Hawaiian shaved ice. Yum! |
I came home from Glacier to a crazy bounty of tomatoes, peppers and squash. With the tomatoes I made some salsa, pawned off a bunch on other people, and made a couple batches of homemade spaghetti sauce. I shredded and froze a bunch of zucchini, as well as making zucchini banana bread (yum!).
We took a drive to Sundance ski resort when we first got back from Glacier to see if the leaves were starting to change colors. We drove up at the same time last year, but the leaves this year were still very green. It was still a pretty drive and Sophie enjoyed sticking her head out the window, of course. We'll try the drive again in a few more weeks, since everything is still green.
 |
| This girl loves her car rides |
Dustin and I also went to the Lumineers concert out at the Saltair. I was not impressed with the venue, but the concert (or what we got to see of it) was great. The wind was blowing and there was lightning in the distance, so the venue cut off one of the opening bands (after about 4 songs) to do some rearranging of equipment. Over an hour later, they started again. It had taken so long that they just had the Lumineers start, but they cut them off after about 5 songs due to the weather. The only weather issues we saw were the wind blowing and lightning still in the distance, not moving in our direction at all. Also, their parking sucks. But Dr. Dog and the Lumineers were fun and I would go see both of them again. Just not at the Saltair.

Dustin's parents came down two weekends ago. Friday night we went to a play at the
Pioneer Theater Company. It was a musical mystery called Something's Afoot and it was hilariously entertaining. I'm used to the small-time productions in Pocatello, so I was pleasantly surprised to see the wonderful acting and singing (many of the actors had previous parts on Broadway), stage set-up and special effects (complete with faux electrocution!) especially on opening night!
Saturday morning, Teresa and I went to the farmer's market, where we bought a ton of peaches, nectarines, raspberries, apples, and even a big ol' watermelon. Then we headed east of SLC to play some golf. Ok, yes, you're right. Randy, Teresa, and Dustin played golf while I read a book and soaked up the sun. Saturday night we went to Brewvies.
 |
| So much tasty, tasty fruit! |
 |
| Dahlias from the farmer's market |
 |
| Dustin helped me make the peach raspberry pie |
 |
| This cat loves sweatpants Sundays |
This past Saturday night, we met Mishael and Santiago to go to the Nightmare on 13th Street haunted house. They had a really cool animatronic dragon looming over the entrance moving around and roaring and whatnot. There was a surprising number of people there, considering that it wasn't even October yet, but they moved the lines fairly quickly. The haunted house itself was pretty cool too. It had 3 parts: Dark Harvest (a scarecrow/farm theme), 13 Levels of Fear (each room was themed after a different fear like claustrophobia, clowns, heights), and Mutant (a prison where a biohazardous waste transformed inmates into disfigured, crazy people). A lot of the props were really well done and Dustin and I gawked at them. The next morning Mishael and Santiago came over and Santi made us crepes for breakfast, which were delicious. We had planned another drive out to Sundance to check the colors of the trees, but we got lazy after our yummy breakfast and watched football instead. I also pulled out our Halloween decorations and put those up, so I was somewhat productive.




No comments:
Post a Comment