Wednesday, October 31, 2012

5k madness (and my birthday)

I ran my first two 5ks ever in October! The first was the Night of the Running Dead in Salt Lake City. It was (you guessed it!) a zombie-themed race. Everyone dressed up as either a zombie or a survivor and there were volunteers all along the sidelines dressed up and acting out zombie scenes (zombie dances, zombie attacks, etc). Randy and Teresa came down to watch me race and to borrow Sophie for a week with Grandma.

My second 5k was the Color Run in Boise. I ran with Britni (who came down from Pendleton) and Athena. It was fun, but there were way too many runners (6000+) and not enough volunteers, so we ended up walking a good portion of the race. It was fun to go to Boise and catch up with friends, including my former roomie Ashley.


In between those two races, Dustin and I celebrated my birthday by going out to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (One of my absolute favorites!). Dustin also got me a new Macbook Pro for my birthday! Am I spoiled or what?

It also snowed for the first time last week! It was pretty fun, but very very cold. We discovered that our furnace doesn't work very well under pressure... I'm definitely enjoying the high 60s of this week!

 True love is helping to zombie-fy your wife


Post race. Look at all that smeared zombie blood!

 My fun little skeleton from Randy & Teresa. It says "Way to go Kate!"



Sophie liked the fake blood. She licked my face and got a blue tongue!

My birthday cake from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

My new baby!

Our first snow!

Me, Britni and Athena post Color Run 5k







No comments:

Post a Comment