Saturday, August 27, 2011

Oregon vacation

Two weeks ago, Dustin, Taylor and I headed to Sumpter, OR for a week-long camping adventure with Randy & Teresa and some of Teresa's family. We stayed at Kevin & Stacey's cabin (D's aunt and uncle), played around on the side-by-sides (I'm not sure what else they are called; they look like souped up golf carts), ate lots of good food, and just relaxed. Teresa taught Sophie to ride shotgun in their Razr, which amused everyone greatly. We didn't take very many pictures, but here are a few:
Maury

Odie

Sam, Randy, Stacey, Taylor

Sophie & Teresa

Eric & Sam

Taylor, Dustin, and I also drove over to Portland for part of our vacation (I love Powell's Bookstore!). We drove down to Silverton and did the same waterfall hike we did almost a year ago (on our honeymoon) and stopped in Canby to see the dahlia fields. We stayed with Britni and Jeremy on the way to and from Portland. I'll let the photos do the talking:



Dustin, Taylor and Jeremy checking out a crazy playground toy in Pendleton

We hiked all the way to the top of Multnomah Falls. I thought I was going to die.

I still fit!

Dustin does too!

We both fit!

Poor Taylor...


Getting ready to start the Trail of the Ten Falls in Silver Falls State Park




Yay! Dahlias!

Taylor's best line from our vacation, "I like flowers and shit"

Dustin aged himself at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI)

Me waiting for the boys to come out of the video game exhibit

Dustin and Taylor did a cheesy little ride thing at OMSI

Sophie pretty much crashed on the drive home

These two were happy to see us:

Sophie slept for awhile

No comments:

Post a Comment