Sunday, May 22, 2011

Charles's Birthday Weekend

My nephews Charles and Anthony turned 8 and 2 (respectfully) this past Wednesday. Because his momma's been working crazy hard, Britni and I whisked Charles away for a birthday weekend all his own.

On Saturday we walked the dogs to the park by our house, made birthday cupcakes, watched Rio at the movie theater, had dinner, ate aforementioned birthday cupcakes, FINALLY Charles opened his presents. We wrapped up the evening with a game of mini golf.


Jade and Sophie making sure Charles gets all tucked in

Snuggling with some stuffed animals borrowed from Auntie Kate

Sporting our 3D glasses at Rio

Decorating our monkey and blue macaw cupcakes

Evidently the placement of 8 candles is very involving

Blowing out the candles

Britni's weird blue monkey

Dustin's monkey cupcake

I believe Charles called this his mouse-monkey cupcake

My monkey cupcake (and monkey impression)


FINALLY he gets to open his presents

I think I did a pretty good job picking out Lego Ninja-Go. What do you think?

He's pretty excited about his Deadly Nadder from Aunt Brit.
A ninja vs. dragon battle soon commenced.

Brit helping put together the Lego Ninja-go

Charles pooped out from our walk with the dogs on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment