Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring can't come soon enough...

This spring-ish weather has been teasing me and getting me really in the mood to do some flower gardening.

You may recall that the flowers at my wedding were dahlias grown by myself, my mother-in-law Teresa, and one of Teresa's neighbors. Well, on our honeymoon, Dustin and I visited Swan Island Dahlias, a huge (over 300 acres!) dahlia farm and I immediately resolved to bring home some of these beauties. Unfortunately they weren't selling the tubers that late in the season, but I found that we can order online and have them shipped to us when it's planting time.

After a week or two poring over my dahlia catalogue, I finally narrowed down some choices and made the purchase. I am happy to say that by the end of April we will have a bunch of dahlia tubers to add to last year's pink and white ones and by mid-summer my garden will have a nice little rainbow of color. Here are a few of my choices (Dustin-approved, of course!)


 Emory Paul

 Fuzzy Wuzzy

 Brittany Rey

 Punkin Spice

 Ali Oop

Boogie Nights

No comments:

Post a Comment