Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wedding synopsis

Wow, it's been a little while since I posted last. At least I have a good excuse, right? So yes, the wedding went on and it turned out pretty dang well, if I do say so myself. It seems like everyone had a good time, regardless of the rain that presented itself for the entire day. I don't have all the photos yet, but I have posted some on my Facebook that Dustin's former co-worker Mary Patton and her daughter Hailey took. Also, a few others have posted some pictures as well, so I'll let everyone visit Facebook for most of those.



A quick synopsis for those who were unable to attend: 
It rained. We continued getting ready in the hopes that the rain would stop. It rained. It hailed. It rained some more. We waited for the rain to stop. The rain didn't stop, so we rearranged the chairs mostly under the tents and went on with it.

My dad, of course, walked me down the aisle. I wore tennis shoes. Our friend Josh officiated. My maid of honor was my cousin Jordan. My bridesmaids were my sisters Kelli and Britni and my friend Ashley. Dustin's best man duties were split by his brother Heath and friend Taylor. His brother Chad was a groomsmen. 

Jordan and Britni did readings. Heath, unfortunately picked the same one as Britni, so he had to ad-lib a quick speech. We exchanged vows, where I made fun of Dustin's reading voice, exchanged rings, and Josh pronounced us "Mr. and Mrs. Kate Nordquist".

We took some photos. People ate delicious food and visited. We took some photos at the photobooth. We cut the cake (no cake-smashing, sorry people, I didn't want it up my nose). By the way, our cake was topped by little peg people that were painted to look like me, Dustin, and our furry beasts Sophie and Cosmo. There were toasts. Dustin's niece Alex caught the bouquet and my cousin Bracken caught the garter (I hear he was bribed by my dad). And we danced. A lot. There was also some s'more roasting, though sadly, I never made it down to partake in the gooey festivities. 

All in all it was a great day. I got to see a lot of people that I don't see very often. I even got to meet my newest cousin, 2 month old baby Layla, whose mama and papa brought her all the way from St. Louis.

So, lots happened. It was awesome. I have to stop here because Dustin is yelling at me, telling me that I am an old married woman and can't stay up this late anymore. Obviously I need to go beat my husband so good night all and I hope to get some photos of our honeymoon posted soon!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I know i already told you on facebook, but everything looked beautiful, even with the rain! I didnt realize it til i was looking at more of the pictures, but I actually stayed at that exact cabin once! im glad that everything went well and am so happy for you two!

    ReplyDelete