Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jewelry woes...

If you'd have told me at the beginning that one of the biggest problems with wedding planning was going to be finding jewelry for my dress, I'd have laughed at you. Now, I'll simply give a grudging yes. I thought I'd finally figured it out, I found a wonderful necklace to match my dress. However, it was yellow gold tone (if you don't know, I don't own ANY jewelry in gold tone) and my ring is white gold with a canary-colored diamond (doesn't exactly match a gold necklace). My new thought is to ditch the necklace and just find some CZ earrings that match my ring (maybe in an art-deco style). Anyway, if anyone has any opinions/thoughts they'd like to share, please feel free to comment!



Close-up of the beadwork on my dress. No the dress is not pink, it's champagne-ish. I'm not sure why it always looks pink on my computer. The beads are clear, so technically either white or yellow gold would look fine.


My fabulous hairpiece made of bleached peacock feathers and grey duck feathers with some random white wispys with pearls and clear crystals in the center. From the wonderful world of etsy.


My wonderful, environmentally, socially, and economically-friendly lab-created-diamond ring from Diamond Nexus Labs

The gold-tone jewelry I had been considering from Carolee. See how terribly it clashes with my ring? Eek!

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
Some of the earrings that I am currently considering. Definitely don't have the clash factor, but can I pull these off with no necklace? The dress has a lacy 'crumb catcher' on the top, so I'm thinking it's doable.

3 comments:

  1. I really like the third pair =) I feel like you could find a necklace earing pair in that style-ish. I could also still ask my friend's mom if you're interested. I miss you! And am super excited... hows wedding-ness going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ring! And your dress and the converse shoes. You are going to be so posh on your big day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like pair #2 with your fantabulous ring and beautimous dress!

    ReplyDelete