Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Don't forget your valentine!

Dustin and I usually mostly skip this holiday since I've been busy with school in the past. Our Valentine's Day usually consists of a heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's. However, the last few days I've been looking at Valentine's items on Etsy and dropping hints to Dustin in the form of a Trollbeads magazine with a sticky note on the cover ("Dustin's Valentine's ideas for Kate...hint, hint"), left strategically on his laptop computer. If you've never visited Etsy before, be warned that you may become addicted to it! I just wish I were crafty enough to make some of this stuff!

Here are a few of my favs:


Greeting cards by Emma San Cartier

Odd Fauna Loves You is just strange enough that I know Dustin will think it's hilarious, given my morbid love for guts. The Angler Fish is also a little odd, but romantic in a Dustin-and-Kate sort of way.



Zombie Children Need Love Too original art greeting cards by Buster McGee

Also a bit morbid, but making complete sense for Dustin and I because of our love of zombies. Which reminds me...



Zombieland came out on DVD today, and if I can keep Dustin from buying it, he will definitely be getting this for Valentine's day.


Moss terrariums by Doodle Bird Designs
A bit of green is nice for someone stuck at a desk all day long, but if your guy is anything like Dustin, he wouldn't remember to water a plant very often. Moss terrariums are easier to take care of, and this designer even has some made with fake moss so you don't have to worry about watering it at all!


LEGO brick cufflinks by BunnyLogic
If your guy tends to wear suits but still has a playful edge, these Lego cufflinks are a fun idea.


Guitar pick by J.C. Jewelry Design

If he's a musical sort of person, a customized guitar pick is a good choice. I'm not sure how useful these are for actually playing the guitar, but I suppose it's the thought that counts, right?


Valentine's snails by JooJoo Land

These adorable little polymer clay snails have magnets on their bottoms so you can stick them to lamps, jewelry boxes (hint, hint), or any other metal surface. Their shells are even real shells.


Pengies by yourpengies

Pengies were one of my first Etsy finds, though I have not yet bought one. They are cute little polymer clay penguins that can be customized simply by your choice of color and size, or with more complexity by giving it a little costume. I think a pirate pengie would be perfect for Dustin.

No comments:

Post a Comment