Started high school as a freshman (2000)
Got my driver's license
Got my first car (I will always love you, Squirrels!)
Lost my two best friends (Brittany, 2000 and Gator, my 14-year-old dog 2001) and a wonderful Grandfather (Papa Chuck, 2002)
Became an aunt 3 times (Charles, Juniper and Anthony)

Got braces (both put on and taken off)
Got my wisdom teeth out
Drove with my mom to Idaho Falls (1 hour away from home) every day for a month to visit my
dad in the hospital when he hit an elk on his motorcycle.
Graduated high school (2004)
Moved away from home and started college
Lived with some fun and crazy roommates

Learned to weave (on a loom, not basket weaving!)
Got my first (and last) official boyfriend

Lived in a horrible basement apartment where the bathroom ceiling poured water and the neighbors (AKA landlords) played pool, loud music and movies, and an old-school X-Men vs Street Fighter arcade game at 4 am on weeknights.
Went to Seattle where we played with my aunt and cousin, went to Snoqualmie Falls, and did our first whale-watching trip (though we didn't see many whales)


Started the radiographic science program and met some great people there and had some fun times.

Played donkey basketball

Went on some awesome camping trips with Dustin and his family.



Learned to snowshoe


Attended the weddings of some great friends (Josh & Natalie, Jennine & Nick, Brian & Kathleen, Cody & Beth)
Rented 5 apartments/houses before we....
Bought a house!

Had 7 jobs!
Adopted a wonderful (though stinky at the time) cat from the animal shelter.


Lost my first car to a wreckless and uninsured driver in front of our new house.


Adopted a wonderful dog from my friends Chris and Teri.


Cleaned up chewed up toilet paper rolls, paper towels, and phone books due to previously mentioned 'wonderful' dog.
Went on a cruise!

Went parasailing!

Bought a car!
Got engaged by finding the ring I wanted and informing Dustin that I was ordering it with his credit card and, when it came in the mail, telling him I was wearing it.
Went to Hawaii where we swam with sea turtles, visited Pearl Harbor, saw a sunset on Mauna Kea, saw lots of beautiful waterfalls and flowers, went to Volcanoes National Park, and became addicted to fresh pineapple, shrimp shacks, and Hawaiian shaved ice.
Took our new Subi out for a road trip to Montana


Graduated college with a degree in radiographic science, took a scary test, and became a registered x-ray tech!



Gorged ourselves at the Eastern Idaho State Fair a few years in a row. Deep fried candy bars sound disgusting, but are actually quite wonderful inventions.


Threw 50th birthday bashes for both my parents. Unfortunately I didn't steal any photos of my mom's b-day from her scrapbook so I have no evidence there...



Won a bet with high school friends that I would be the last of us to get married, though I forgot what the winner actually won... (Nicole & Andrew, Alex & Shila, Craig & Erin, Tyler & Sam)
And saw the first of our posse have a kiddo (Nicole's baby Emma 9/9/09. Yes, she has an awesome birthday!)


Celebrated 5 whole years of dating!

Taught my warm-weather cousin the real way to play in the snow!

Began planning a wedding and figuring out why so many people keep their engagements short. Planning sucks!


Goodbye 2000s, I am looking forward to what the 2010s will bring us.
My predictions:
- The best wedding of the decade! You all know you're looking forward to our big bash!
- A fabulous road trip honeymoon.
- I'm actually going to start to enjoy running.
- A new puppy whenever we decide Sophie is well-behaved enough to be a good influence. Hmm....
- A big move to another state?
- If I pass the puppy-raising test, then we're allowed to adopt a couple of kids (we have to adopt so Dustin won't feel so bad when he beats them...)

I love your post! I feel Honored that you stole my idea. Isn't great to think of all the things you have done over the last decade? You have done a lot!
ReplyDeletePS I'm really excited for your wedding or the wedding of the decade! and you guys possibly getting another puppy. :)