Brit and I went down to Salt Lake to play at Lagoon. We decided to split up the drive and go a day early, so I made an appointment at David's Bridal to try on some wedding dresses. We took some pictures, so here they are. Input is greatly appreciated, unless you're critiquing my funny faces and awesome swimsuit tan line, then just keep your opinions to yourself ;) They are numbered so just tell me what you like/dislike about whatever pops into your head. You can click on the pictures to make them bigger. Also keep in mind that only one of these dresses was actually my size so most of them look a little big.

1) Mermaid style dress. This one was my favorite of the bunch. It may have been because it was the only one in my size. I liked the folds in the dress and it was short enough that I don't think I'd need it hemmed. It was also not as restricting as I thought a mermaid dress would be.

1) The back view of the mermaid dress. Lots of pretty buttons, not a very long train.

1) Another shot of the mermaid dress.

2) A tea-length summery dress. I loved the feel of the length, but the dress just seemed kind of blah.

3) This dress had a similar top to the mermaid style dress, but had a layered skirt.

4) This one has a lot of pretty lace and had a very long train.

4) The back of the lacy dress.

5) This dress had lots of layers.

6) A little bit different material than most of the other dresses. This one had a long train that I'm not sure would bustle well.

7) Top embellishment with side gathering.

8) Simple but cute. This one had no train.

9) A short version of the mermaid dress.

10) An off-the-shoulder vintage-looking number. This was one of my favorites. Unfortunately the smallest one they had in was still two sizes too big and it shows.

10) A side view of the off-the-shoulder dress

11) Lots of embellishment on the top and a side slit in the skirt with embellishment on the under layer.
Hi Kate! I like number 6 and number 10. But number 10 looks really stunning. I recommend also looking online. From your cuz, wendy
ReplyDeleteKate! I love them all! I'd have to go with #1 or #5, but its definitely a hard choice!
ReplyDeleteOh so fun! Photos from trying on wedding dresses are always fun to see because you have no idea what the dress REALLY looks like- just the shape. I'm glad you've gotten a chance to start looking around!
ReplyDelete1, 4 and 11 are my favorites. I really, really like the lacy dress. However overall they ALL look really pretty on you! :)
ReplyDelete