Friday, August 21, 2009

Montana Adventure

Last weekend Dustin and I took the Subaru on her very first road trip. Britni and I were already up in Ashton keeping our dad in line :) so Dustin met me there and we headed north. We took a quick detour to Quake Lake and decided to camp there since it was already getting dark.
Quake Lake

The next morning we headed to Lewis & Clark Caverns, which were very very cool.













We finished our tour of the caverns, got ourselves some cookies & cream and butterfinger fudge, and decided to head to Bozeman to hit up the dinosaur exhibit at the Museum of the Rockies. We had both been to the museum as kids and wanted to see if it was as cool as we had remembered.





This little guy was a deinonychus (a cousin to the velociraptor), but he reminded me of Fraggle Rock.

I recalled "Rusty" from my previous trip here with my family. He was a lot smaller than I remembered.

Dustin had lived in Helena back in his Jr. High days and wanted to take a look at how things had changed, so after the museum, we headed to Helena. We drove around in Helena looking for the movie theater for about an hour, found the building that USED to be the movie theater, and then finally asked for directions at a gas station. I have to say that the road system in Helena is seriously messed up. We went to G.I. Joe (very cheesy, bad movie by the way) and stayed in a hotel (Joy! The Subi was not all that comfortable to sleep in). The next morning we drove around looking at all the old houses before heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment