Our first official day on the cruise was supposed to be spent on Catalina Island, but the wind was so strong that the smaller boats (tenders) that transport between cruise ships and the island were unable to run safely, so instead we had our "fun day at sea". We spent a little bit of time on the deck, trying to soak up some sun, and a lot of time reading and napping. That night was "Captain's night" AKA dress up and look pretty night. We had a lot of fun dressing up and took a lot of pictures before going dancing later that night. We got some professional pictures taken, which I will have to post as soon as I figure out how our scanner works!
Brit and I in the Romeo and Juliet Lounge, listening to some live music.The next day we were (finally!) able to get to Catalina Island, which was very pretty. We walked around and did some shopping and some sight-seeing. We went to the old Casino (which is no longer a casino, but does have a movie theater inside). Unfortunately it was closed and we could only walk around the outside. There were pretty seascapes painted on the walls by the entrance.
We also went parasailing, which was not nearly as scary as I thought it would be.
We also went parasailing, which was not nearly as scary as I thought it would be.
One of the murals at the old casino.
Catalina Island, taken from our parasailing boat.
Ashley and I flying high
Brit and Ash flying in front of the cruise ship.
Britni and Ashley with their parasailing gear on.The next day (our last official cruise day) was spent in Ensenada, Mexico. We caught a tour bus out of the city to visit La Bufadora (the Blowhole), a natural salt water geyser and the marketplace next to it. We got our essentials at the marketplace (Mexican vanilla and tequila!) and ate some real Mexican food.
The area of the blowhole. Unfortunately we weren't there when the tide came in, so we didn't get a really good show.As fun as the trip was, I was definitely glad to be headed home and see Dustin, Sophie and Cosmo. Unfortunately I had to work for the last three days of the break and Dustin went up to Missoula to help finish his brother Heath's basement the day after I got back. He and his parents also got stuck there until late Monday morning because of Monida pass's closure (due to the nasty snow storm). On the upside, I only have 13 more days of free labor and about 4 weeks until I'm finished with school!




No comments:
Post a Comment