Monday, November 25, 2013

Dustin's birthday, wedding photography, sick pup, Maury's funeral

The weekend after Halloween, I drove up to Idaho to take photos at the wedding of my sister's childhood friend, Megan. Britni and Jeremy, obviously, were in town. The day was a whirl of activity and I took a ton of photos. Megan was, of course, a gorgeous bride and I had fun running around and snapping photos of everyone and everything. If the dress looks familiar, yes it's mine. Doesn't it look amazing on her?!

In addition to wedding festivities, we were happy to get some pizza bombs!

Sophie enjoying snuggle time with her Uncle Jeremy

This was the photo we texted to Dustin to make him jealous of pizza bombs!







For Dustin's birthday, we were pretty mellow. We went to a local Chinese restaurant and then snuggled up on the couch for a movie and some Cheesecake Factory cheesecake (yum!). 

Trying on his new North Face jacket

My interesting fortune

Ahhh, Sundays!

Last week Sophie was sick. Yes, I know. This dog gets sick just as much as some people's kids! I think she's preparing us for people parenthood. I finally took her to the vet, where she got an antibiotic shot, some more oral antibiotics, and probiotics. She hasn't been eating, so the vet also recommended a bland diet of rice and baby food and some pedialyte to keep her hydrated.


Poor baby is beside herself from feeling sick and guilty from her accidents

Dustin's grandpa Maury passed away last week, so this past weekend we drove up to Baker City to attend his funeral. Dustin's uncles Kevin and Curtis both spoke at the service, and I loved hearing such personal stories of their father's impact on their lives. Maury had been in the Navy during WWII and it was touching to see the military personnel, taps on trumpet, and flag folding ceremony, even though his service had been so many years before. The weekend was filled with many stories and old photos celebrating Maury's life.

It was very good to see all of Dustin's family again, and even meet quite a few more uncles and cousins. I am happy that our next meeting will be at Dustin's cousin Kendra's wedding, a much much happier occasion. Britni and Jeremy also drove down to Baker City and stayed in the hotel with us. They have pretty much been adopted into Dustin's family with me.

Dustin's extended family


We got to stop and stay with Taylor and Athena in Boise on the way to Baker City, and of course, the only photos from the weekend are of their baby Reggie (who's now a whopping year old!). He has become such a snuggler, and it made me a little less sad at leaving my poor sick Sophie and home in SLC with my amazing cousin Mishael (who, I swear, always watches Sophie when she's sick!).






No comments:

Post a Comment