Tuesday, April 9, 2013

March 2013: Seattle Sightseeing, Organization Fever, Fender Benders, Easter Festivities, and April Fools' Pranking


While my awesome hubby cleaned carpets and painted walls in anticipation of selling our house in Pocatello, I got the chance to fly up to Seattle to hang out with my former roommate, Jennine (+ fetus), her husband Nick, my sister Britni, and my brother-in-law Jeremy. I flew in late Friday night, was picked up from the airport by Britni and Jeremy (and the always-happy-to-see-you Kieko dog). We got to Nick and Jennine's even later and visited for quite awhile before we all agreed that it was entirely too late to still be awake.

Saturday we did EVEN MORE visiting, a little bit of dog walking, attended a baby shower that Jennine's amazing (and crafty!) friends threw for her, and then met up with Jeremy and his kiddos, Tate and Camille for some yummy dinner. Sunday, we had breakfast at an awesome little restaurant inside the Port Gamble General Store before taking the ferry into Seattle for a rainy day of sightseeing. I LOVE going to Pike's Place Market whenever I get the chance to go to Seattle. There's nothing quite like it, and there are always fun things to see. I also had to drag everyone along while I tried out the Dahlia Bakery, which I had read wonderful things about online. Yes, I'm a crazy person and have to get cookies at bakeries wherever I go.

It was so nice to get the chance to see Nick and Jennine again before they had their little guy (who has since been born!). I know that Hayden will keep his parents crazy-busy for the next little while, so who knows when we'll get the chance to get together again.

Dustin and Sophie picked me up from the airport on Monday, and there's nothing like coming home after time away like a grinning husband and a whining, excited, face-licking dog.

  

 



Since I joined Pinterest, my top three goals have been to a) exercise more, b) cook at home more, and c) be more organized. To keep with the first of those goals, I went to the Salt Lake Running Company store and got fitted for running shoes. I tried on about a million shoes and walked out with two pairs, still trying to ultimately decide between the two. As everyone who truly knows me knows how much I hate returning things, I'll probably keep both... Maybe I'll run twice as much...

Anyway, the weather has been warmer and the air quality MUCH better lately and I've gotten a few runs in, but I definitely need to get my workout schedule back together. I've signed up along with Britni, and my friends Ashley, Shawna, and Athena for the Dirty Dash in Boise in August, so I need to get my butt in gear so I can keep up during all the muddy, fun obstacles.

Guaranteed I won't be wearing these pretty babies during the Dirty Dash


I was also inspired to finally organize our bathroom cabinets. Most of our extra toiletries and first aid items have been sitting in boxes since our move. Digging through them to find that spare tube of toothpaste stopped being my idea of fun, so I grabbed some tubs off the clearance rack at Target, my trusty label maker (I LOVE office supplies!) and got to work. Below are a before example, during, and after (Don't mind the amazing wallpaper in our rental house's bathroom!). We now have organized, clearly labeled tubs for everything from contacts and solution to nail polish to first aid kids. And yes, I do have a CPR mask. Because I am prepared for anything...



I don't have any pictures for the 'cooking at home more' goal, but I have definitely been doing a pretty good job at that recently too. A few of our recent favorites:



I guess I have a cooking-related photo. Here is an alien onion that I found in our cupboard

During one of the icy, haha-fooled-you-into-thinking-it-might-be-spring mornings, Dustin got cut off on his way to work and our poor little Impreza had to take a visit to the shop (D was fine, just pissed that he took out the guardrail instead of the guy that cut him off, and then didn't stop). He had a VW Passat as a loaner for about 10 days, which was enough time for us to decide that we were, indeed, Subaru people.


For Easter, we drove up to Ashton for the annual feasting, egg-dying and hunting, bubble-blowing and piƱata-assaulting. Britni, Jeremy, Tate, and Camille drove over, so I was feeling pretty special to see them all twice in one month. The weather was amazing, so we took the chance to play some bocce ball and just generally hang out outside.



 






Before we headed back to Salt Lake, we also did some April Fools' pranking on Kelli and Teresa. My favorites are the eggs, fruit, and potato! I love a good prank that doesn't scare or hurt anyone!





A blog post wouldn't be complete without some pictures of our adorable babies:







No comments:

Post a Comment