Monday, September 14, 2009

Drive for the Cure 2009

What? Three posts in one day? Yep, I had fallen behind on the fair post, but otherwise it was a pretty busy day and warranted two posts. After visiting Nicole and her new kiddo (see post below), I drove back to Pocatello for the 2009 Drive for the Cure breast cancer fundraising golf tournament. It's a best ball golf scramble and prize basket raffle with all proceeds going toward providing free mammograms for un- or under-insured women in the area. My future mama-in-law, Teresa, plays a very large part in putting this wonderful event together every year.

Unfortunately, it decided to downpour, complete with lightning, so the golf tournament was canceled. Dustin, Taylor, Britni and I were even so cute and coordinated in our pink American Eagle polos. Fortunately, everyone was very generous and no one asked for a refund, instead just donating all their entry money to the Drive for the Cure foundation and sticking around for the margaritas and Mike's hard pink lemonade (a concoction specially made by the company for breast cancer research support), a buffet dinner, and of course, the gift basket raffle. They get some really amazing prizes donated every year and sell a ton of raffle tickets. Of course, I never win anything, but I make Dustin buy me raffle tickets every year anyway.

Funny enough, this year I actually won an awesome basket with a half dozen women's Underarmour shirts (and we all know how expensive those are!). I was super-stoked about it, and I guess this means I need to start working out, eh? Britni won too (I guess we should have gone out and bought some lottery tickets!), scoring the "Suds to Studs" basket, which had beer, a 3 month membership to Gold's Gym and a gift certificate to Costco (yay, bulk grocery shopping!). Anyway, the event turned out to be very successful and everyone had a great time, despite the rain.


Brit and I in our matching polos and hats. We also had some pretty sweet feather pens we stuck in our hair. You can see them poking up in the back.


Dustin trying to lick my face while I try to get a cute photo.


Dustin and Taylor in their awesome pink polos. I think Taylor's a little upset that there were no super hot girls at this shindig (other than Brit and I, of course!). But maybe his margarita was just running low...


Mike's hard lemonade came out with their pink lemonade this year for breast cancer research, which I think was a great idea because I love Mike's and this makes me love them even more.



Brit's gift basket!

No comments:

Post a Comment