Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We spent this Thanksgiving, as we have the past few years, at Dustin's parents' house. My mom, dad, sister Kelli, and her kiddos Charles, Juniper, and Anthony drove down from Ashton, Brad came up from his house in town, and Britni, Jeremy, Tate, and Camille came over from Pendleton. There was, of course, a lot of good food. We were able to convince Britni to make our great grandma's cornmeal rolls (she's seriously the best at making those! I tried last year, but they were too dry). 

Sophie got to hang out with her best dog-friend Samson. Side note: poor guy tore his ACL a few months ago, so they can't run around and play, but they do love to just walk (and nap!) together. We never did get to play any games, but we watched some football and talked a lot. The kids played with the ping pong and Foosball tables and, of course, Charles discovered the Legos and talked Dustin into 'helping' him. 










My parents got a hotel room and stayed the night, so we kept Charles and Juniper for a sleepover as well. I got up semi-early on Friday to hit a boutique sale with Gudrun at one of her friends' houses. Then I met up with my dad, Jeremy, and the kids at the hotel and waited for my mom, Britni, and Teresa to get finished with their Black Friday trip to Costco. When Britni, Jeremy, Tate and Camille headed up to Blackfoot to spend time with Jeremy's family, my mom, Charles, Juniper, and I went to the movie theater to watch Frozen. I thought it was an okay show. Not horrible, but not amazing. I was glad it was a fairly gender-neutral show so Charles wouldn't be bored out of his mind. Of course, Juniper loved the princesses, but Charles was partial to the snowman. I personally liked the reindeer (my mom was not surprised, as I've always liked the animals in movies better than people). After the movie, we met up with my dad and Brad for lunch at Perkins before my parents, Charles, and Juniper headed back up to Ashton. 

That night, we met up with a big group of friends (Cody & Beth were over from Colorado, Taylor & Athena from Boise, Josh, Natalie & Oliver from SLC, and Jake & Gudrun from Pocatello) for dinner at El Herradero. We had a great time visiting with everyone and were happy that we can now say that Gudrun has met Cody and Beth. We have had a long-standing joke that Gudrun doesn't believe that Cody and Beth exist because whenever we got together, we'd say that they were coming, but circumstances always changed, so Gudrun had never met them. After dinner, Taylor, Athena, Jake, Gudrun, Dustin, and I went to the movie theater to watch Catching Fire.



Saturday was a pretty lazy day. Dustin and I took Sophie to Bartz Field so she could play with Reggie, Taylor and Athena's dog. That afternoon Gudrun took some photos of us for our Christmas card. I don't want to spoil the surprise of our card, so I'll only post one photo from the shoot (for NOW, I promise I'll post them all later). It's my personal favorite and shows just how difficult it is to get Sophie to sit still.


I love those fuzzy toes!

Sunday we spent watching football before finally heading home. This past week has been very very cold and it snowed a few inches on Tuesday. I felt bad for Sophie since she hadn't had a walk in a few days, so I dug out all the snow gear, bundled up and we took a shortish walk at Parley's. I don't know what it is about cold weather and snow, but Sophie LOVES it. She gets so crazy hyper and just bounds around, sniffing EVERYTHING. 


This is Sophie's "guys, it's snowing outside and I want everyone to go out and play" face

No comments:

Post a Comment