Last weekend Dustin and I watched Lotus, the big black lab belonging to our friends Cody and Beth. We took him out Parley's Historic Nature Park on Friday night, and may have overdone it. We forget that he's getting up there in years and that his body doesn't always keep up with his puppyish attitude. We brought the Chuckit and he went nuts running around after it. He even took a 5 foot flying leap into the water at one point. We had to break out the baby aspirin for the next few days because he had some crazy leg cramps, poor guy.
Britni and Jeremy (and Kieko!) got into town Saturday afternoon and we drove over to Granato's Deli for some yummy sandwiches. We met up with Britni's friend-since-kindergarten Megan and her fiance Mike and the boys headed back to our house to hang out while Britni, Megan and I went to David's Bridal to look at bridesmaids dresses for Brit to wear at Megan's wedding this fall. We found her dress pretty quickly, so we also ran to Costco and (my favorite!) RubySnap bakery so that I could introduce Britni and Megan to the amazingness of their cookies! They were laughing at me because I knew the names of almost all the cookies (I admit it, I'm obsessed!)
Just FYI, I didn't get ANY pictures while Britni and Jeremy were here. Boo!
Saturday night we went to another of my favorite places, Brewvies. Brewvies is a bar/movie theater where you get to eat your amazing burger and garlicky fries (and drink a beer if you want!) while you watch your movie. We watched This is the End, which I was pretty skeptical about at first, but ended up being pretty dang funny. After the movie, Brit, Jeremy, Dustin and I walked the three dogs around Liberty Park.
Sunday morning we met up with Megan and Mike again for breakfast at the Park Cafe. We love the Park Cafe for breakfast (and remember, I'm not much of a breakfast food person!) and I love taking people there for the first time to see their reactions. Of course, it passed with flying colors all around and we all left with happy bellies. After breakfast Megan, Mike and Jeremy ran some errands while Britni, Dustin and I took Kieko, Sophie and Lotus to Parley's. It was a quick walk because we still had to make it to Lagoon. We took it easy on Lotus this time around and left his Chuckit at home because he was still hurting from Friday night.
We met back up with Megan, Mike and Jeremy at Lagoon and rode a bunch of the rides. After our lunch (consisting mostly of fruit from the cooler; it was way too hot to eat much!) we put our swimsuits on and hit up Lagoon-A-Beach. We rented some tubes and spent about half our time just floating around the lazy river. We also did a few tube slides and ended the 'beach' day with some body slides before heading back home. We ate dinner at one of our favorite pizza places, Rusted Sun Pizzeria.
I had so much fun with Britni and Jeremy visiting that I didn't want the weekend to end, but I was dead tired Sunday night. We'll have to plan a weekend to head up to Pendleton and hang out again!
The weather the past few weeks has been HOT. We had 8ish days straight of 100+ weather and the rest of the time it's been high 90s. Our air conditioner went out Friday night, so we've been running fans 24/7 and our house is still over 80 degrees at all times (we're still bugging our landlord to get it fixed, but no signs of relief yet!). It's been miserable and the animals are pretty unhappy. The cats keep meowing and flopping themselves onto the bathroom tile in distress. To keep Sophie cool, we've been taking her to Parley's every night so she can splash around in the water.
Yesterday Sophie found herself a dead rat to roll all up in, so she got a nice long shower and brushing. Needless to say, she was pretty upset that we were picking on her. To top it all off, we had a big thunderstorm last night (the first rain we've had in 50+ days!), so we had to snuggle her all night to reassure her that the world was not actually coming to an end.
Dustin and I both have the 4th of July off and we have been pretty lazy about it. We hung out in the house (in front of the fan) all morning. We took Sophie for a LONG walk and wade in the water at Parley's. Since then, we've just been hanging out at home again. Dustin is currently taking a nap on the couch and Sophie and I are parked in front of the fan. Our house is currently 85 degrees. I think it may be cooler outside in the shade. Our plan tonight is to check out the Sugar House fireworks, which I'm told are really good.
Tomorrow after work, I'm headed up to Idaho for a David family reunion and a movie date with my niece Juniper.
| I saw this bunny in a yard and the very next day we saw this awesome sign. |
| What a happy boy! |
| Sophie and I took a nap on the floor in front of the fan one day after work. She decided that we should be finished sleeping. |
| She hears her daddy's motorcycle coming down the street |
| Pouting after her bath and brushing (post dead-rat fiasco) |
| Cosmo has decided that Dustin's closet is a good place to take a nap |
| My heirloom tomatoes are teeny tiny right now, but soon they will be ready to be made into salsa! |
No comments:
Post a Comment