Tuesday, September 18, 2012

San Francisco 2012

Dustin had to go to San Francisco for a trade show with his new job, so I tagged along. It was really fun to go someplace new, even if I was a little nervous traveling around by myself (D was at the trade show for the first three days I was there, so I had to occupy myself). I wandered around China Town, the Mission District, and Castro District, Downtown, and the Pier. When Dustin joined me, we rented bicycles and rode across the Golden Gate Bridge, rode the ferry, saw Lombard Street, and went to the California Academy of Sciences. Here are some photos of the trip:


 Chinatown



 We stayed at this adorable Bed and Breakfast called the Inn San Francisco. 





 The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. The outside was much more exciting that the inside



The view from the roof of our B&B



 Hot cocoa was a must in this cool, humid climate


 The road up to Lombard street was very steep


 On the street car


 Amazing pizza in North Beach 

 A snoozing kitty in one of the many used book stores I discovered.



 A windmill we found on our bicycle ride




 

 Alcatraz

 
 California Academy of Sciences


 Dustin and the Academy's resident albino alligator, Claude

My favorite, the frogs 

No comments:

Post a Comment