Saturday, January 15, 2011

January update

Last weekend Dustin and I went up to Missoula with Sophie and Kieko. It was a good weekend with pretty decent weather. Angel took me around town to see some of the fun shops and I picked up a Fiestaware pie plate, scarf, earrings, and a new retro Anne Taintor magnet. Angel and I took the kids to Tangled while Heath and Dustin watched the NFL playoffs.
My amazing new magnet

Sophie snoozing in the back seat.

I started my new full-time shift this past week, working 8 am - 4:30 pm Mondays and 7 am - 3:30 pm Tuesdays thru Fridays. I've been working on a carpool schedule with ISU's x-ray students to keep the Subaru from racking up the miles as quickly. Since both Dustin and I have been working all day and it's been pretty cold, Dustin has been taking the dogs up to spend the day with Teresa. She has been spoiling them so much, getting them new toys and taking them on walks down on the disc golf course behind their house. Dustin says he feels like he is dropping kids off at daycare.

Kieko's new duck toy

Last night I found out that Britni and Dustin had arranged to buy a cow to fill our freezer, which is something that we've been wanting to do for awhile. We picked up 1800 lbs of organic beef this morning and packed as much as possible into our freezer and putting the rest into Randy and Teresa's. It will be so nice to just grab whatever cut we need out of the freezer and it will be a lot cheaper in the long run.

Got beef?

We also took Sophie and Kieko to the veterinarian today: Kieko for a check-up and Sophie for a nail trim. We put Sophie on the scale just for kicks and found out that she totally lost 3.5 lbs, which is just about what the vet told us she needed to lose at her last check-up a few months ago.

Kieko at the vet's office.
 
A few weeks ago, Dustin put up the pot rack that we bought at Ikea back in October. I am absolutely loving having the extra cupboard space and seeing our red Paula Deen pans displayed. We have a few more pans that need to be replaced and I'm entertaining ideas of getting more brightly colored pans (I'm thinking turquoise or yellow to match my Fiestaware). I'm doing what I can to love my kitchen because I've focused on the fact that I hate the color of the cupboards and how very small it is.

My new pot rack. Please ignore the messy counters

No comments:

Post a Comment