Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Dress!

My mom came down from Ashton yesterday and she, Teresa and I went wedding dress shopping down to Utah. I had really liked a few of the Alfred Angel dresses I had tried on in Las Vegas with Jordan and wanted to show them to my mom to see what she thought. I was pretty sure I was going to be picking out either the hi-low hemline dress or the layered lacy dress with the ribbon below the bust. Because neither Utah nor Idaho have an Alfred Angelo store, we had to go through a retailer.

I was very disappointed because the first place I called yesterday was really rude, basically telling me that I could only try on dresses if I was planning on putting a down-payment on it that day, the second place didn't have either dress, and the third said they had one dress but not the other, but they had one similar that I could try.

So, this morning Teresa, Mom, and I headed to North Ogden to try out Bridal Corner, with plans to head down to Layton to check out David's Bridal again (third time's a charm, right?). I tried on the hi-low hemline dress (still liked it a lot), tried on some others similar to the layered dress, then Darci, the girl helping us, brought out a Maggie Sottero dress that we were all like "Ehh...I don't know" but I tried it on and loved it immediately. We couldn't take pictures until we put a down-payment on, which was fine. We decided we'd go to David's Bridal and then come back if I had decided by then. David's Bridal was no competition. After wearing the Maggie Sottero, the quality of David's Bridal was nowhere near as nice or as comfortable. So of course, we headed back to Bridal Corner, and I am now the owner of a wedding dress! (As soon as it gets ordered, made, and shipped, of course). Unfortunately when we went back, all their dressing rooms where full so we didn't get any pictures of me wearing it, so I'll have to post the pictures of the model wearing it. I totally look better in it than she does, by the way! ;) It's called light gold (it looks champagne-colored), though the pictures here look kind of pink to me. Here it is!






(Drum roll.....)










1 comment: