Thursday, April 23, 2009

Life changes

So for those of you who have not heard already, Dustin and I are engaged. I picked out a ring and ordered it, since we had a tentative date set for August. However, we've had a lot of things going on, so we've decided to wait until next spring so we (of course, meaning "I") can focus on throwing a really awesome party for our reception.

For those of you who don't know, we had both our cars die on us on the same day the week before last. Dustin's is somewhat functioning with a fixed coolant line leak, but we don't trust it anywhere but in town. Mine is still sitting on the street, waiting for us to mess around with it.

So between looking for new cars, taking the ARRT registry, finding myself a full-time job after graduation, paying off my student loans, and planning and funding our trip to Hawaii in June with Dustin's family :), we've decided we have enough on our plate. So look forward to getting invitations, but just not in the next year! Maybe by then Sophie will be well mannered enough to be our cute little ring-bearer.... Then again, judging from all the dirt on her nose and the hole in my backyard, probably not!


Speaking of graduation, I am very excited to announce that I go through commencement May 9th! I'm not excited to sit through the 3+ hour long ceremony, but I am doing so under pain of death by my fellow students and friends in the radiology program. Plus I know my wonderful and supportive mother will be thrilled all 3+ hours with her little digital camera out and dreaming of the scrapbook pages she will create with the pictures. I love you Mom! I'm just excited for the potato salad and chocolate cake that will follow.

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap balls Kate! You guys are engaged! That is awesome. Natalie and I are stoked for you. Let us know if you need any help planning stuff. I can relate to having your car crap out on you, nothing is quite as infuriating as a broken down car.

    ReplyDelete